LP Board Update -- February 24, 2022
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Approved the minutes of the January 19, 2022 Regular Meeting and the February 6, 2022 Emergency Meeting.
- Sparks presented the President’s Report.
- Received comments from members of the public on topics including COVID mitigation policies, curriculum standards, and FOIA requests/Closed Session minutes.
- Discussed the Appellate Court COVID Mitigations ruling
- Merboth presented the Finance Committee Report
- Lynch presented the Building & Grounds Committee Report
- Approved monthly LP and ACC bills and financial statements.
- Received correspondence from the LP Foundation.
- Received TIF reimbursements from the Village of North Utica TIF I ($3,700.55) and TIF II ($2,142.89), City of LaSalle ($10,160.12), City of Peru 2020 Tax Year TIF Reimbursements ($34,642.84), and LaSalle County Collector Peru TIF Surplus ($23,677.35) for a total of $74,323.75.
- Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on preparing for next year’s staffing needs and recent FOIA requests. Dr. Wrobleski and the Board discussed the proposed LPHS Reopening Plan V2.
- Le presented the Athletics & Activities Report, sharing information on recent athletic accomplishments, upcoming post-season athletic activities, and recent fine arts activities.
- Mentgen presented the Director of the ACC Report, sharing information on the planning for student enrollment for next school year, recent academic accomplishments, and the ACC Student of the Month.
- Baker presented the Director of Communication Report, sharing information on recent Communication Office activities, ticket sales for the upcoming spring musical, and updating the LPHS Alumni Directory.
- Approved amending the 2021-2022 LPHS Reopening Plan
- Approved the 2022-2023 District Calendar
- Approved the renewal of Series 2020 General Obligation Surety Bond ($2,404.00)
- Approved letting bids for the following projects:
- Main Building Masonry Restoration Project (1927 Wing, Boiler House Chimney, Boiler House Masonry)
- Pool Filtration Replacement Project
- Main Building Tunnel Water Drain Repair and Asbestos Abatement Project
- Approved selling property located at Pin #17-16-414-016 (Lot Four (4) in Block Seven (7) in LaSalle Center) to Mertel Investment Co. Inc. for $5,000.00
- Approved the following appointments:
- Mrs. Andrea Eichelkraut, LP Honor Society Sponsor, for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mrs. Taylor Krull)
- Mr. Randy Gunia, Varsity Head Boys’ Golf Coach, for the 2022-2023 school year (replaces Mr. Kyle Pytel)
- Ms. Madeline Piller, Assistant Girls’ Track & Field Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Ms. Emily Fritz)
- Mr. Trevor Samolinski, Volunteer Assistant Baseball Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year
- Mr. Noah Hancock, Assistant Girls’ Track & Field Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Ms. Alexandra West)
- Ms. Alyssa McCauley, English Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year (replaces Mr. Justin Lewis)
- Mr. William Shalter, English Teacher, for the 2022-2023 school year (replaces Mrs. Jill Hoelzer)
- Approved the following maternity leave request:
- Mrs. Addie Kostellic (English Teacher) beginning on or about August 21, 2022 and ending at the conclusion of first semester 2022-2023 school year. Mrs. Kostellic will be using her accumulated sick days and rest of days as FMLA/unpaid days. Mrs. Kostellic will be returning second semester of January 2023.
- Approved the ACC Auto Show at Creve Coeur Street practice field west of the ACC Pope Building on Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Approved a request for the Key Club’s annual overnight trip on Friday, March 11 through Sunday, March 13 to attend the annual Illinois-Eastern Iowa District Convention Leadership Conference (DCLC). The convention costs will be paid by club fundraising.
- Approval to review and retain executive/closed session minutes of January 19, 2022 Regular meeting
- Tabled the destruction of verbatim audio records from executive sessions held prior to September 1, 2020 per the Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120
- Approved of FMLA Leave request for Mr. Aaron Beale
- Approved filing of petition with the LaSalle County Board of Review and/or Property Tax Appeal Board relating to:
- Riverstone Group, Inc., Parcels #20-05-402-000, #20-05-400-000, #20-08-211-000, #20-08-212-000, & #20-08-415-000
- COVIA Solutions Inc., Parcels #19-09-144-000, #19-09-208-000, #19-09-344-000, #19-09-346-000, #19-09-404-000, #19-10-101-000, #19-10-102-000, #19-10-105-000, #19-10-203-000, #19-10-204-000, #19-10-206-000, #19-10-210-000, #19-10-300-000, #19-10-301-000, #19-10-400-000, #19-11-110-000, #19-11-300-000, #19-11-302-000, #19-11-304-000, #19-11-305-000, #19-11-306-000, #19-14-100-000, #19-14-101-000, #19-14-204-000, #19-15-102-000, #19-15-105-000, #19-15-106-000, #19-15-107-000, #19-15-200-000, & #19-15-301-000
- COMM 2014-LC17 38th Street LLC, Parcel #17-05-415-001
- Approved authorizing an appraisal of COVIA Solutions Inc. parcels included in PTAB filing