LP Board Update -- November 18, 2021
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Approved the minutes of the October 20, 2021 Regular Meeting.
- Jordyn McCoy and Allie Legrenzi presented the Student Ambassadors Report.
- Recognized state qualifying tennis players Carlie Miller, Catherine Engels, and Ava Lannen and cross-country runners Ryan Hartman and Matt Beard, and coaches Scott Blessman, Aaron Guenther and John Beatty.
- Approved monthly LP and ACC bills and financial statements.
- Received the Audit Report from Tim Custis of Gorenz & Associates.
- Received correspondence from the Yoder and Taliani families.
- Received TIF reimbursements from the Village of North Utica TIF I ($26,218.30) and TIF II ($5,813.28) and City of LaSalle ($80,185.88) for a total of $112,217.46.
- Wrobleski presented the Building & Grounds Committee Report
- Alcorn presented the Policy Committee Report
- Merboth presented the Finance Committee Report
- Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on the annual ROE inspection report and the annual RIF Joint Review Committee.
- Cushing presented the Principal’s Report, sharing information on the recent Parent-Teacher Conferences and the latest past/fail rate data.
- Le presented the Athletics & Activities Report, sharing information on the transition from fall to winter sports, preparing to host the conference Art Festival, the Fall Drama Showcase on Thursday night, and preparing for the Hall of Honor Class of 2021.
- Mentgen presented the Director of the ACC Report, sharing information on the ACC Students of the Month, a success of a student who participated in the ACC aviation program, receiving assistance from the maintenance staff in taking care of the Dolan Building HVAC system, academic successes in the ACC programs, and sharing thanks to members of the LPHS staff who have been assisting the ACC address safety concerns.
- Baker presented the Director of Communication Report, sharing information on recent Communication Office activities and the recently successful L-P Foundation Family Dinner fundraiser.
- Recognized the Board of Education for School Board Member Appreciation Week.
- Approved adopting the tentative 2021 Tax Levy for school year 2022-2023
- Approved the postage and folding machine lease with Midwest Mailing and Shipping Systems, Inc. for $31,955.01
- Approved the FY2021 Annual Statement of Affairs
- Approved the renewal of Series 2017 General Obligation Surety Bond
- Approved letting bids for:
- School vehicles
- Snow removal services
- Herbolsheimer Alumni Room renovation
- Approved the following resignations:
- Mr. Justin Lewis, English Teacher, effective December 17, 2021
- Mr. Jack Hughes, Assistant Wrestling Coach, effective October 26, 2021
- Approved the following appointments:
- Ms. Madison Bara, Assistant Cheerleading Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Ms. Ava Lumpkins)
- Mr. Justin Miller, Volunteer Assistant Baseball Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year
- Mr. Hunter Holdcraft, Assistant Wrestling Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mr. Jack Hughes)
- Mr. Samuel Lawrence, Volunteer Assistant Boys’ Bowling Coach, for the 2021-2022 school year
- Ms. Madeline Piller, Science Teacher, effective for the 2nd semester of 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mr. Shane Cowsert)
- Reviewed and retained the Executive/Closed Session minutes of the October 20, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Approved the recommended destruction of verbatim audio records from Executive Sessions held prior to June 1, 2020 (May 12, 2020 Special Meeting and May 20, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Approved the following personnel appointments
- Mrs. Tiara Bedenko-Hill, Mr. Kent Graff, Mr. Scott Lauer, and Mr. Adam Spencer, 4-way co-sponsorship of the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), effective for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces co-sponsors Mrs. Tiara Bedenko-Hill and Mr. Scott Lauer)
- Mr. Ryan Huebbe, inside security, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (new position)
- Approved a resolution to sell Lot Four in Block Seven in LaSalle Center (Ravine South of Howard Fellows Stadium) at a minimum of $8,000 consistent with the contract or sale.