LP Board Update -- October 20, 2021
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Approved the minutes of the September 22, 2021 Regular Meeting and the September 30, 2021 and October 6, 2021 Special Meetings.
- The Renaissance Program presented the Jostens Platinum School of Distinction Award.
- Jordyn McCoy presented the Student Ambassadors Report.
- Recognized L-P security staff members Randy Huebbe and Jean Ganze for their exceptional efforts during recent student altercations.
- Approved monthly LP and ACC bills and financial statements.
- Received TIF reimbursements from the City of Peru – Downtown Tax Declared Surplus TIF ($17,411.80) and the Village of Tonica – TIF II ($6,185.48) for a total of $23,597.28.
- Sarver presented the Building & Grounds Committee Report
- Lynch presented the Programs Committee Report
- Merboth presented the Finance Committee Report
- Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on Principal Appreciation Month, working with Bernardi Securities for a promotional video, and the recent ROE safety inspection.
- Cushing presented the Principal’s Report, sharing information on the upcoming Parent-Teacher Conferences, starting SEL groups to Narrow the Gap, efforts by the ad hoc safety committee to address recent student issues, and the return of an in-person Renaissance Students of the Month breakfast ceremony.
- Mentgen presented the Director of the ACC Report, sharing information on the ACC Car Show, a positive preliminary audit report, a collaborative project between the CAD and Programming programs, potential impacts of vaccine mandates for CNA students, and Culinary Corner students assisting with the Hall of Honor.
- Baker presented the Director of Communication Report, sharing information on recent Communication Office activities and the upcoming L-P Foundation Family Dinner fundraiser at the Right Spice in Peru on Monday, November 8 from 4:30-8 p.m. Tickets are $10.
- Approved a resolution declaring October 24-30, 2021 Principal Appreciation Week and October 29, 2021 Principal Day
- Approved the 6th Street Main Entrance Landscaping Proposal submitted by R & R Landscaping & Irrigation, Inc for $21,439.80
- Approved the AP Microeconomics New Course Proposal
- Approved renewal of Series 2016 General Obligation Surety Bond ($1,774.00)
- Approved the following appointments:
- Mr. David Spudic, Winter Weight Training Supervisor, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mr. Bill Booker)
- Mr. Randy Gunia, Head Boys’ Bowling Coach, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mr. Jeff Miller)
- Mr. Matthew Lambert, Assistant Baseball Coach, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mr. Bob Reese)
- Reviewed and retained the Executive/Closed Session Meeting Minutes for the September 22, 2021, Regular Meeting and September 30, 2021 and October 6, 2021, Special Meetings
- Approved the recommended destruction of verbatim audio records from Executive Sessions held prior to May 1, 2020 (April 22, 2020, Regular Meeting)
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding with MOU with the LaSalle-Peru Federation of Teachers Local 604 – Compensation for Head Cheer Coach also performing Assistant Cheer Coach duties.