LP Board Update -- July 21, 2021
During its Special Board Meeting held on Wednesday, July 21. 2021 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Received public comments regarding reopening school for the 2021-2022 school year with a focus on whether unvaccinated individuals be required to wear masks. Dr. Wrobleski shared that the administration is meeting next week to craft a formal recommendation. The members of the Board each shared their current thinking on reopening.
- Approved hiring Ladzinski Cement Finishing Co. for Campus Beautification Phase 1 (Base Work: $29,792.00 and Alternate #1: $9,628.00 – Total $39,420.00)
- Approved the following employee transfers:
- Ms. Kristen Koukol, Title I Paraprofessional, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mrs. Brenda Sadnick)
- Approved the following appointments:
- Mrs. Nicole Kowalczyk, Social-Emotional Interventionist, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (new position)
- Ms. Julia May, Special Education Teacher, effective for the 2021-2022 school year (replaces Mrs. Lori Turczyn)
- Approved the following retirements with regret:
- Mr. Ritchie Kowalczyk, Director of Building and Grounds, August 27, 2021
- Ms. Rhonda Willmer, Special Education Paraprofessional, at the conclusion of the 2021-2022 school year
- Approved scheduling August 3, 2021 at 5:30 pm as a Special Board Meeting