LP Board Update -- January 2019
During its Rescheduled Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, January 23, 2012 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
1. Held a Public Hearing regarding the issuance of $3,700,000 in General Obligation/Working Cash Bonds.
2. Approved the minutes of the December 19, 2018 Regular Meeting and the January 2, 2019 Special Meeting.
3. Received TIF Reimbursements of $8,749.73 (City of LaSalle), $3,646.40 (City of North Utica – TIF I), and $245.93(City of North Utica – TIF II).
4. Dr. Lynch presented the Programs Committee Report.
5. Mrs. Renk presented the Public Relations Committee Report.
6. Dr. Lynch presented the Buildings & Grounds Committee Report.
7. Mr. Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on a recent VOICE meeting with State Rep. Lance Yednock, the cafeteria inspection, and a new workforce development initiative.
8. Mr. Baker presented the Director of Communication & Fundraising report, sharing information on a recent Family Ambassadors meeting, upcoming Board Coffee Talk, and a generous $25,000 donation from Mary Louise Carus to support the LP Aeolian Organ restoration.
9. Authorized the Superintendent to Prepare the 2019-2020 District Budget
10. Approved the 2018 Annual Disclosure Report
11. Approved the Recommended 2019-2020 LPHS District Calendar
12. Approved the Resolution Authorizing the Superintendent to Enroll District #120 into the TIPS Purchasing Cooperative
13. Approved the Agreement with Blackboard for the District Website and Messaging System
14. Approved the Following LPHS Renovation Project Change Orders:
- CO 240 PCI-427 - Misc Block Extras Thru 01-11: $9,152.00
- CO 241 PCI-428 - Repair of Damaged Roof Conduit: $1,392.00
- CO 242 PCI-430 - Misc Illini Extras Thru 01-07: $3,557.00
- CO 243 PCI-431 - Misc Painting Extras Thru 01-14: $5,454.00
- CO 244 PCI-432 - Furnish Additional Door Cores: $558.00
- CO 245 PCI-434 - Misc Tower Extras Thru 01-15: $7,956.00
- CO 246 PCI-435 - Premium Time to Reinstall Vinyl Graphics: $960.00
15. Approved the Following Resignations:
- Ms. Jessica Strauch, Assistant Softball Coach, effective January 24, 2019
- Mr. Rob Clydesdale, Drama Club Sponsor, effective the conclusion of the 2018-2019 school year
16. Approved the Following Appointments:
- Ms. Jessica Strauch, Volunteer Assistant Softball Coach, for the 2018-2019 school year
- Mrs. Nancy Galletti, Café Floater/Cashier, effective January 24, 2019 (replaces Ms. Jennifer Andrews)
- Mr. Andrew Wiercinski, Technology Club Sponsor, effective January 24, 2019 (replaces Mr. Kevin Champlin)
17. Approved to Accept with Regret the Following Retirements:
- Mr. John Beatty (Science Teacher) effective the conclusion of the 2023-2024 school year
- Mr. Thomas Weber (Afternoon Custodian/Foreman) effective August 2, 2019
18. Approved the Crunchin’ Cavs Youth Wrestling Program to use LP’s facilities to Host the IKWF West Regional Wrestling Tournament on Sunday, February 24, 2019
19. Approved the ACC Auto Show at the LPHS Pope Building Practice Field on Sunday, September 29, 2019
20. Reviewed and retained the Executive/Closed Session minutes for the December 19, 2018 Regular Meeting and the January 2, 2019 Special Meeting
21. Approved the recommended destruction of verbatim audio records from Executive Sessions held prior to July 1, 2017