LP Board Update -- April 2018
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
1. Approved the minutes of the March 21, 2018 Regular Meeting.
2. Student Ambassadors Breyer Kinzer and Connor Cofoid presented to the Board.
3. Recognized the Unified Basketball team that placed fourth in state (Emily Anderson, Alexander Angelini, Ashley Bratkovich, Taylor Donnell, Annika Draper, Emma Galijatovic, Michael McGuire, Gaven Morgan, Emily Nadler, Bishop Stiles, and Alyssa Stuart) and coaches Monica Davidson and Amery Ziel-Cole, and the Debate team members who reached the state competition (Breyer Kinzer and Ashley Hines) and coach Mike Fisher.
4. Matt Rebholz spotlighted the Physical Education/Health/Drivers Education division, touching on current PE activities, the fitnessgram program, the new cardio room, preparing for summer drivers education, and health class anti-drug programs.
5. Mr. Sparks presented the President’s Report.
6. Mrs. Alcorn presented the Policy Committee Report.
7. Mr. Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on recent FOIA requests, a recent Superintendent’s Council meeting that focused on the evidence-based funding model, the annual school board association spring dinner, and beginning to receive the new evidence-based funding revenue from the state.
8. Mrs. Jeanblanc presented the Principal’s Report, sharing information on the upcoming ROE Excellence in Education Banquet, the recent Career Fair, the successful completion of SAT/PSAT testing and preparing for AP testing, and the end of year events calendar.
9. Mr. Parker presented the Director of Athletics & Activities Report, sharing information on the implementation of the track timing/scoring system, finding a plan to maintain the weight-training program in the building during summer renovation, and recent athletics and activities accomplishments.
10. Mr. Wrobleski presented the ACC/SRAVTE Director’s report, sharing information on a planned meeting to explore an aviation program.
11. Mr. Baker presented the Director of Communication & Fundraising report, sharing information on Renovation-related communication activities, the upcoming performances of Shrek the Musical, and LP Foundation Trivia Night.
12. Approval of the following LPHS Renovation Project Change Orders:
i. #86 – Phase 3 Business Lab Additional Electric – Revised: $15,639.00
ii. #87 – Auditorium Window Trim: $29,114.00
iii. #88 – Misc Phase 3 Carpentry Extras: $0.00
iv. #89 – Phase 3 Misc Plaster Allowances: $9,498.00
v. #90 – BR#17 Alternate 1 STEM Wing Rubber Flooring: $36,920.00
vi. #91 – Misc Allowances Elimination: Credit ($44,359.00)
vii. #92 – BR#14 MDC Fuze White Board Paint ILO Idea Paint: Credit ($8,765.00)
viii. #93 – CPVC Sprinkler Piping in Lieu of Cast Iron: Credit ($10,875.00)
ix. #94 – CO2 Sensor at Gymnasium Air Handler Units: Credit ($4,078.00)
x. #95 – BR#14 Plumbing Fixture Revisions: Credit ($230.00)
xi. #96 – Revised Auditorium Fire Protection Enclosures: $11,672.00
xii. #97 – Replacement Door 215.7: $937.00
13. Approval of the Emergency Health Life Safety Resolution for the Hot Water Heaters –Main Building
14. Approval to extend the Illinois Central School Bus contract through 2019-2020 with a 2.5% increase in each year
15. Approval to establish a Computer Club Activity Account
16. Approval of Proclamation Recognizing Teacher Appreciation Week: May 7 – May 11, 2018
17. Approval of Hillmann Pediatric Therapy, P.C. Contract for the 2018-2019 school year
18. Approval to let bids for Pizza Contract for 2018-2019 school year
19. Approval to let bids for Milk/Dairy Contract for 2018-2019 school year
20. Approval to let bids for Bread Contact for 2018-2019 school year
21. Approval of PRESS Board Policies Recommendations (2nd Reading)
22. Approval to adopt the Resolution to Prohibit Sexual Harassment – Policy 5:20-E
23. Approval of proposal to increase GPA criteria for High Scholarship and Honor Roll (2nd Reading)
24. Approval of the Appointed Office Treasurer’s Bond for July 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019
25. Approval of the following resignations:
i. Mr. Kyle Adelmann, Band Director, effective the conclusion of the 2017-2018 school year
ii. Ms. Christina Weber, Chess Club Sponsor, effective the conclusion of the 2017-2018 school year
iii. Mr. Rob Clydesdale, Group Interpretation Sponsor, effective the conclusion of the 2017-2018 school year
26. Approval of the following appointments for the 2018 Building and Grounds summer help at $13.75/hour:
i. Ms. Theresa Wolfe
ii. Mr. Randy Huebbe
iii. Mr. Matt Glupczynski
iv. Mr. Rick Truskoski
27. Approval of the appointments for the following personnel for 2018 summer school:
i. Ms. Wendy Wilkins, AAP Teacher
ii. Mr. Kyle Pytel, Driver’s Ed Teacher
iii. Mr. Patrick Goy, Driver’s Ed Teacher
iv. Mr. Jim Cherveny, Driver’s Ed Teacher
v. Mr. Joe Bruner, Driver’s Ed Teacher
vi. Mr. Matt Rebholz, Driver’s Ed Teacher
vii. Ms. Alexandra West, English Teacher
viii. Mr. Randy Gunia, English Teacher
ix. Mrs. Michele Honecker-Ummel, English Teacher
x. Mr. Nick Stevenson, Math Teacher
xi. Mr. Matt Makeever, Math Teacher
xii. Mr. Eric Bjerkaas, Math Teacher
xiii. Mrs. Lori Turczyn, Summer School Para Pro
xiv. Mrs. Ronda Simcich, Summer School Para Pro
xv. Mrs. Tracy Payton, Summer School Para Pro
xvi. Mr. John Beatty, Biology Teacher
xvii. Mr. Adam Kueltzo, Chemistry Teacher
xviii. Ms. Kate Lance, Special Ed Teacher
xix. Mrs. Brenda Sadnick, Special Ed Para Pro
28. Approval of the following appointment for the 2018 Summer Technology Help at $13.75/hour:
i. Mr. Scott Lauer
29. Approved and retained the Executive Closed Session minutes for the March 21, 2018 Regular Meeting.