L-P Board Update -- January 18, 2023
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Approved the minutes of the December 21, 2022 Regular Meeting.
- Recognized Mrs. Kathy Baker for the exceptional effort she puts into supporting the students and staff of L-P High School and Mr. Mark Haberkorn for being named the 2021-2022 National Federation of State High School Associations Girls’ Volleyball Coach of the Year.
- The English Division was spotlighted with Mrs. Honecker-Ummel sharing information on how the College Board prepares teachers for the AP program.
- Provided opportunity for public comment.
- Approved monthly L-P, ACC bills, payroll, board and staff travel expenditures, and financial statements.
- Received correspondence from Mr. and Mrs. Dan and Donna Marenda, Dr. Steven Wrobleski, and Mrs. Joyce Sell.
- Received TIF Reimbursements from Village of North Utica for $2,869.47
- Mrs. Alcorn presented the Policy Committee Report.
- Mr. Sarver presented the Building and Grounds Committee Report.
- Mr. Merboth presented the Finance Committee Report with Mr. John Vezzetti of Bernardi Securities discussing the proposed bond issues.
- Dr. Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing the Narrowing the Gap Presentation along with other members of the Superintendent’s Council.
- Mrs. Cushing presented the Principal’s Report, sharing information on the start of second semester Institute Day and the upcoming Catholic School Shadow Day.
- Mr. Kuziel presented the Athletics & Activities Report, sharing information on recent holiday tournaments and other athletic successes, the Hall of Honor Class of 2022 Induction Ceremonies, and band and choir students who will be participating in the ILMEA All State Festival next week.
- Mr. Mentgen presented the ACC Director’s Report, sharing information on the ACC Student of the Month, recent community/alumni donations to the ACC, ACC enrollment numbers, and developing new community relations leading to student projects.
- Mr. Baker presented the Director of Communication Report, sharing information on recent Communication Office activities, including the upgrades to the video streaming system.
- Approved a resolution of the Board of Education of LaSalle-Peru Township High School District No. 120, LaSalle and Bureau Counties, Illinois to abate the Working Cash Fund of said District
- Approved a resolution providing for the issue of not to exceed $11,000,000 General Obligation School Bonds, Series 2023A and for the levy of a direct annual taxes sufficient to pay the principal and interest on such bonds
- Approved a resolution providing for the issue of not to exceed $2,500,000 General Obligation School Bonds (Alternate Revenue Source), Series 2023B for the purpose of financing the costs of certain capital project within the District and paying the costs related thereto, as amended
- Approved a resolution to authorize the superintendent to prepare the FY24 District Budget
- Approved the 2022 Annual Disclosure Report
- Approved the following appointments:
- Mr. John Lamb, Inside Security, effective for the 2022-2023 school year (new position)
- Mr. Nolan Keeney, Hallway Security, effective for the 2022-2023 school year (new position)
- Ms. Quincie Weber, Permanent Substitute Teacher, effective for the 2022-2023 school year (replaces Noah Hancock)
- Approved the following maternity/FMLA leave request:
- Mrs. Carie Lawrence – on or about April 19, 2023, through the end of the 2022-2023 school year. She will be using accrued sick days to cover the leave
- Approved the following paternity/FMLA leave request:
- Mr. Michael Heiden – on February 3, 2023, through March 10, 2023. He will be using accrued sick days to cover the leave
- Approved permission for the on-campus fundraising requests:
- Girls Scouts of Central Illinois, Troop 1551, to conduct a Girl Scout Cookie booth sale on February 9, 2023, 6:30 to 8:30 pm, Girls’ Basketball/Sellett Gymnasium and March 13, 2023, 5:00pm-6:00pm Girls’ Softball/Veterans Park
- Girls Scouts of Central Illinois, Troop 1804, to conduct a Girl Scout Cookie booth sale on February 14, 2023, 6:30 to 8:30 pm, Girls’ Basketball/Sellett Gymnasium
- Approved permission for the ACC Automotive Program to host their Annual Car Show at the Pope Building on September 24, 2023.
- Approved permission for the Music Department’s overnight trip to Peoria to participate in the Illinois Music Education Association All State Festival from January 26, 2023, to January 28, 2023. Expenses will be funded by the District Activities Travel Account.
- Approved reviewing and retaining the Executive Closed Session minutes for December 21, 20022, Regular Meeting
- Approved the appointment of Mr. Connor Soenksen, Title I Reading Paraprofessional, effective for the 2022-2023 school year (replaces Mrs. Ronda Simcich)