L-P Board Update -- Feb. 15, 2023
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Held a Public Hearing on the need to undertake repairs to the pavement of playgrounds, school bus turnarounds, student drop-off areas, sidewalks, and parking areas at the L-P Sports Complex, and to receive any public comment regarding such repairs.
- Approved the minutes of the January 18, 2023
- The CTE Division was spotlighted with Mr. Lee discussing a recent major equipment donation to his program by L-P alumnus Tom Kowalski.
- Provided opportunity for public comment.
- Approved monthly L-P, ACC bills, payroll, board and staff travel expenditures, and financial statements.
- Received correspondence from the L-P Foundation.
- Received TIF Reimbursements from Village of Tonica ($2,464.28), City of Oglesby (TIF I - $3,161.21; TIF II - $212 for a total of $3,373.21), City of Peru ($102,799.63), and City of LaSalle ($8,721.90) for a grand total of $117,359.02.
- Mr. Sarver presented the Building and Grounds Committee Report.
- Mr. Merboth presented the Finance Committee Report.
- Dr. Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on receiving the original handwritten score to “The Red & Green,” a recent federal grant and transportation audit, changes to the I8 Conference, and two FOIA requests.
- Mrs. Cushing presented the Principal’s Report, sharing information on teacher evaluations, the PLC rejuvenation process, Harbor Homerooms, and the upcoming High Scholarship Ceremony.
- Mr. Kuziel presented the Athletics & Activities Report, sharing information on recent successes by the girls bowling team and wrestling team.
- Mr. Mentgen presented the ACC Director’s Report, sharing information on the ACC Students of the Month, additional donations to and corporate relationships with the ACC, thanking Mr. Zukowski for assisting in developing plans for a student internship program, and data on the results that come from students being involved in CTE programs.
- Mr. Baker presented the Director of Communication Report, sharing information on recent Communication Office activities and upcoming projects.
- Approved a Board Resolution regarding repairs to school sidewalks and athletic playing surfaces at the L-P Sports Complex
- Approved awarding Koolmaster Company Inc., LaSalle, IL, the contract for the Auto Shop Window Replacement Project (Base Bid: $161,926) and Main Building Door Replacement Project (Alternate Bid 1: $46,274) for a total of $208,200
- Approved the revised ESSER III Plan to contract with Solution Tree for Professional Learning Community consultation services
- Approved increasing the Superintendent’s Surety Bond for Series 2023A and 2023B
- Approved increasing the Treasurer’s Surety Bond for Series 2023A and 2023B
- Approved the following Treasurer Surety Bond renewals:
- General Obligation Series 2016
- General Obligation Series 2017
- General Obligation Series 2020
- Approved the Spring 2023 Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of LaSalle on the usage of the Rotary Park Baseball Field
- Tabled letting bids for copy machine services
- Approved the establishment of Activity Account for Swim Camp Money
- Approved the 2023-2024 District Calendar
- Approved PRESS Policy Issue 110 – 2nd Reading
- Approved the following resignations:
- Mr. Noah Hancock, Assistant Girls’ Track Coach, effective January 24, 2023
- Mrs. Kourtney O’Boyle, English Teacher, effective the conclusion of the 2022-2023 school year
- Mr. Culie Hawthorne, Volunteer Assistant Boys’ and Girls’ Golf Coach, effective February 1, 2023
- Mr. Samuel Lawrence, Volunteer Assistant Boys’ Bowling Coach, effective February 1, 2023
- Mr. Jason Miller, Assistant Girls’ Basketball Coach, effective February 8, 2023 10.13
- Approval of the following transfer:
- Mr. Adam Spencer, Business Teacher, from the 1.0 FTE Business Teacher position to the 4/7 Work-based Learning Teacher and 3/7 Business Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year (new position)
- Approval of the following appointments:
- Mr. Scott Blessman, Volunteer Assistant Boys’ Tennis Coach, effective for the 2022-2023 school year
- Mr. Noah Hancock, Volunteer Assistant Girls’ Track Coach, effective for the 2022-2023 school year
- Mrs. Kathy Eldridge, Volunteer Key Club Sponsor, effective for the 2022-2023 school year
- Approved the following foster care placement/FMLA leave request:
- Mrs. Amery Ziel-Cole, for a period of 3 weeks after placement occurs within 60 days of January 12, 2023. She will use accrued sick days to cover the leave.
- Approved permission for the Varsity Baseball Team overnight trip to Edwardsville to participate in the metro East Kickoff Invitational from March 17, 2023, to March 18, 2023. Expenses will be funded by the Booster Club and Camp Activities Account.
- Approved permission for the Girls’ Bowling Team overnight trip to Peoria to participate in Sectionals from February 10, 2023, to February 11, 2023. Expenses will be funded by the Girls’ Bowling Team Parents.
- Approved request for the Key Club’s annual overnight trip to Springfield from March 10, 2023, through March 12, 2023, to attend the 2023 District Convention Leadership Conference (DCLC). The convention costs will be paid by the Key Club Activity Account.
- Approved retaining the Executive Closed Session minutes for January 18, 2023, Regular Meeting
- Approved the recommended destruction of verbatim audio records from Executive Session held prior to September 1, 2021, per the Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120
- Approved the following FMLA request:
- Mr. Aaron Beale, Math Teacher
- Approved the following appointments:
- Ms. Kate Lance, Interim Associate Principal for School Safety, effective February 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023
- Mr. Jason Miller, Interim Dean of Students, effective February 1, 2023 through May 22, 2023