L-P Board Update -- October 19, 2022
During its Regular Board Meeting held on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 the Board of Education accomplished the following items.
- Approved the minutes of the September 28, 2022 Regular Meeting.
- The Science Division was spotlighted, featuring Mrs. Navarro and Mrs. Kochis discussing some of the division’s courses and recent projects.
- Provided opportunity for public comment regarding any topics, including the ESSER III Plan, following Dr. Wrobleski’s presentation of the plan.
- Approved monthly L-P and ACC bills and financial statements.
- Received correspondence from the family of Thais Walter and Mrs. Cheryl DePaepe on behalf of the LPHS Foundation.
- Mr. Sarver presented the Building and Grounds Committee Report.
- Mr. Merboth presented the Finance Committee Report.
- Dr. Wrobleski presented the Superintendent’s Report, sharing information on Principals Appreciation Week, plans for a potential large alumni donation, and the upcoming schedule adjustment for the PSAT Digital Pilot Test.
- Mr. Gibson presented information on the upcoming articulation day schedule.
- Mr. Kuziel presented the Athletics & Activities Report, sharing information on the end of the fall sports season and upcoming post-season activity, Coach Haberkorn’s 1,000 career coaching win accomplishment, recent activity accomplishments, and an update on the 2002 Hall of Honor class selection.
- Mr. Mentgen presented the ACC Director’s Report, sharing information on students of the month, upcoming repair projects in the Dolan Building, student engagement issues, and the start of the pre-school program next week.
- Mr. Baker presented the Director of Communication Report, sharing information on recent Communication Office activities.
- Approved the Class of 2022 Hall of Honor Inductees
- Approved the Resolution Declaring October 16-22, 2022 Principal Appreciation Week and October 21, 2022 Principals Day
- Approved the L-P ESSER III Plan
- Approved the Treasurer’s Surety Bond for the Alternative Revenue Bond, Series 2020A
- Approved submitting the following Health/Life Amendments:
- Clock Tower and 5th Street Door Replacements and Security Enhancements, Main Building
- East Gym Roof Drain Leaders Replacement, East Gym/Ind Ed Building
- Tile Mastic Asbestos Abatement (2nd Floor Computer Lab), Dolan Building
- Elevator Replacement, Dolan Building
- Tennis Court Repairs, L-P Sports Complex
- Approved submitting FY 2023 School Maintenance Project Grant Application to the Illinois State Board of Education
- Approved the Tieman Builders Auditorium Stairwell Repair Proposal for $24,200
- Approved purchasing the following maintenance pick-up trucks from Bill Walsh Coronet of Peru:
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ($47,469.24)
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ($47,469.24)
- Approved purchasing the following driver education vehicle from Schimmer Ford of Peru:
- 2023 Hyundai Sonata SE ($17,914.24)
- Approved the FMLA leave of absence request of Mrs. Jill Fanti from October 17, 2022 to January 9, 2023
- Approved splitting the Math Club stipend between Mrs. Rachel Patrick and Mrs. Kaitlin Monahan for the 2022-2023 school year. Mrs. Patrick will be paid at half group 9 year 8 while Mrs. Monahan will be paid at half group 9 year 6. The full stipend will go back to Mrs. Monahan for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Approved reviewing and retaining the executive/closed session minutes of September 28, 2022, Regular meeting
- Authorized destruction of verbatim audio records from executive sessions held prior to May 19, 2021, per the Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120
- Approved the following resignations:
- Mr. Andrew Kellett, Assistant Basketball Coach, effective October 12, 2022
- Ms. Madison Bara, Assistant Cheerleading Coach, effective October 12, 2022
- Mrs. Valerie Savage, 1st Floor Custodian #2 (2nd Shift), effective October 13, 2022
- Approved the following appointments:
- Ms. Madison Bara, Volunteer Assistant Cheerleading Coach, effective October 13, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year
- Mrs. Nicole Griton, Inside Security, effective October 31, 2022 (replaces Mrs. Jean Ganze)
- Mr. John Somolski, 1st Floor Custodian (2), on or before November 1, 2022 (replaces Valerie Savage)
- Mr. Brent Thomas, Assistant Boys’ Swimming Coach, effective the 2022-2023 school year (replaces Scott Blessman)
- Approved the Student Transfer Plan for Student Discipline #2 to the LaSalle County Regional Office of Education Safe Schools Program
- Approved the Student Transfer Plan for Student Discipline #3 to the PRIDE Program