Important Information on the Return to In-Person Learning -- January 18, 2022
January 17, 2022
Dear L-P Staff, Students, and Parents –
We are looking forward to having all students and staff back in the building tomorrow, Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
Here is the run-down of what’s happening….
1. We’re running our regular 50-minute period schedule, with dismissal at 2:40 pm. Wednesday will be an early-out schedule.
2. SHIELD testing will occur as normal on Tuesday.
3. Masks must continue to be worn properly and consistently. Specifically, masks must be worn over the nose and under the chin.
NEW ITEMS REGARDING LUNCH/MASKS:
1. The District will be tracking student and staff days following either a quarantine or test-to-stay through day 10 following an exposure or positive confirmation. The new guidance requires heightened mask-monitoring and physical distancing, especially during lunch.
2. Students returning to school from quarantine but still under 10 days from exposure or positive confirmation will be required to eat lunch in the South Balcony in order to socially distance. Students may return to their regular lunch spot on Day 11.
3. Staff returning to school from quarantine but still under 10 days from exposure or positive confirmation will be required to eat lunch in their rooms or location away from others until day 11.
With the reduction in quarantine time from 10 to 5 days, IDPH/ISBE has stressed that it is essential for everyone to properly wear their masks – especially among those returning from a quarantine or enrolled in Test-to-Stay. Students not properly wearing their masks during the 10-day period could face being sent home to remote learning, with a return to school on day 11. We’re asking parents to reinforce the importance of wearing masks over the nose and under the chin with your kids.
REMINDER ON EXTRACURRICULARS:
1. Student-athletes identified as a close contact in the classroom are eligible for Test-to-Stay BUT NOT if the exposure resulted from participation during a practice or competition.
2. Student-athletes, who tested positive, returning from quarantine may return to practice during days 6-10 but not competition. However, they must remain properly masked and physically distanced during practices. Coaches will have different activities for these students. They are fully released on day 11 for normal practices and competitions.
3. Student-athletes in Test-to-Stay may continue practices during their testing period. However, they must remain properly masked and physically distanced during practices through day 10. Coaches will have different activities for these students. They are fully released on day 11 for normal practices and competitions.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (815) 223-2373 or by email at email@example.com. Our two school nurses can be best reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Peggy Ziel) and email@example.com (Shelby Knickerbocker).
Dr. Steven R. Wrobleski,