- COVID-19 Announcements
- COVID Dashboard
- Contact the School Nurse
- Hybrid In-Person/Remote Learning Plan
- Remote Learning Support Videos
- Student Needs Assessment
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Community Resources
- COVID-19 Prevention Advice
- Pandemic SNAP Benefits
- Back to School Plans
- ISBE/IDPH Guidance Documents
- Parent Zoom Meeting Tutorial
- LP Meal Train Service
- Self-Certification Bus Ticket
LPHS Approves Schedule 3.0 v2 (March 18, 2021)
Dear L-P Students and Parents,
We look forward to the implementation of the LPHS Schedule 3.0 v2 on Monday, March 22, 2021. The one-page summary of the plan can be found below this message. Click here for the Parent Self-Certification Form for students.
The purpose of this email is to share our Top 10 key updates and expectations that will begin on Monday.
- THREE-FOOT RULE: New guidance from IDPH/ISBE requires that we maintain a minimum distance of three-feet between students and teachers in classrooms. This guidance is designed to increase the number of students allowed back into school. However, it has created a ripple effect in that we have numerous classrooms that are not large enough to accommodate this distance. As a result, teachers are developing weekly rotation schedules in which students will need to attend class remotely that period in the Student Commons. This is the only way we can maintain compliance with this rule. Teachers will work to rotate all their students through this schedule over the remaining weeks of the school year - barring any special accommodations, such as a special education IEP.
- STUDENT CAMERAS: Students will be required to turn on their cameras during remote learning. This includes students at home and students rotating remotely while at school because of the three-foot rule. Teachers have been given permission to deduct participation points for not complying. The primary reason for implementing this expectation is to address the educational value in assessing and reacting to students based on their body language. The visual connection between teachers and students in essential in the learning process. We need to maximize this in the remaining time of the semester.
- PARENT SELECTION FOR EITHER IN-PERSON OR REMOTE LEARNING: Because of the extensive planning involved ensuring we maintain a three-foot distance in classes between students and staff, families must declare their learning choice for the remainder of the school year for the start of the LPHS Schedule 3.0 v2. The District will hold a firm line on this decision. For example, if families are currently planning to keep their kids remote because of athletics, then they will need to remain remote for the remainder of the school year. We cannot have a bubble of students returning to school several weeks from now that will disrupt the balance of students in each class - especially with the new three-foot rule.
- PARENT SELF-CERTIFICATION FOR STUDENTS: We can now allow students to self-certify each day. Attached to this email is a form with 12 daily self-certification slips. Please print this form and cut out each of the slips. Students will present these slips each day when they enter the building. Students who do not have a slip will be temperature and symptom checked by staff at the school entrances. Extra copies are available at the Greeter's Desk.
- STUDENT ENTRANCES INTO THE BUILDING: Students will enter the building through the 6th Street Main Entrance, Clock Tower, and/or the Social Science doors.
- BREAKFAST: Breakfast will be served in the Student Commons, Monday through Friday, from 7:15 am to 7:40 am. There is no charge to students for breakfast.
- GRAB-N-GO LUNCH: Students are offered a daily Grab-n-Go lunch at the end of each school day. Lunches can be picked up in the Student Commons. There is no charge for lunch.
- 8TH GRADE HONORS ALGEBRA: 8th grade Honors Algebra students may attend 1st period in-person starting March 22.
- CONTACT TRACING & QUARANTINES: Even though we can have students sit within 3 feet of each other during classes, the 6-foot rule still applies to contact tracing and decisions for quarantine.
- DRIVE-THRU MEAL TRAIN: The Drive-thru Meal Train is every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm outside the kitchen doors next to the Sellett Gym entrance on 6th street.
Our staff is excited to see students in-person five days a week!
If there are any questions about the information in this message, please contact me at (815) 223-2373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Steven Wrobleski
LPHS Schedule 3.0 V2
This plan was approved by the LP Board of Education, March 17, 2021
Return to Five Days-a-Week - March 22, 2021
In-person learning will return to FIVE DAYS PER WEEK (Monday through Friday) beginning Monday, March 22, 2021. The school day will begin at 7:45 am and end at 12:06 pm.
LPHS Schedule 3.0
|LPHS Schedule 3.0 V2||Class Period||33 minute classes; 5 minute passing periods|
|Monday Through Friday||1st||7:45-8:18|
Remote students will continue attending all classes online Monday through Friday.
8th Grade Honors Algebra
8th grade honors algebra students may attend 1st period in-person starting March 22.
Extra Help~ Monday – Thursday, 12:45 pm to 2:40 pm
Teachers will be available from 12:45 pm to 2:40 pm to provide extra help for students – both remote and in-person. Students may come into the building or schedule a Google Meets with their teachers.
Breakfast Available Before School
Breakfast will be served to students from 7:15 am to 7:40 am in the Student Commons. There is NO CHARGE for breakfast.
L-P will continue offering our Grab-n-Go lunch at the end of the school day. There will be NO CHARGE for any student through the remainder of the school year. Remote families can still use our Drive-Thru Meal Train, located in the circle drive outside the entrance to Sellett Gym.
Drive-thru Meal Train – Every Tuesday
The L-P drive-thru meal train is every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Pick-up is outside the kitchen entrance near the Sellett Gym doors.
Health & Safety Protocols
Signs & Symptoms
Parents are responsible for keeping your child(ren) home if they are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, which includes but not limited to fever over 100.4 ͦ, cough, shortness of breath, chills, fatigue, muscle & body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting. Signs of COVID-19 during the school day will be sent to the quarantine station.
Temperature & Symptoms Checks
Students will self-certify their temperature and symptoms each day by submitting a daily verification slip. Students not presenting their self-certification slip will be temperature and symptom checked by staff. Any students reporting and/or showing symptoms or having a temperature over 100.4 ͦ will be sent home after a parent is contacted.
Social Distancing & Contact Tracing
Social distancing of 6 feet from one another will be practiced whenever possible. The new guidelines allow for proximity to be reduced to 3 feet between students and fully vaccinated staff. However, this reduction does not change the 6 foot guidance regarding contract tracing and quarantine protocols. Quarantining will result when students are within 6 feet of a positive COVID individual for 15 minutes or more.
Masks covering the nose and mouth are required of staff and students. Two-layer gaitors may be worn as well.
Classrooms have hand sanitizer and equipment to clean furniture and door handles each period. Custodial staff disinfect bathrooms every hour and at the end of each day. Cleaning includes applying disinfectant using an electro-static sprayer.
Bus riders will be dropped off along 6th street and can enter at the Clock Tower or 6th Street Main Entrance. Student drivers, walkers, drop-offs, and bike riders can enter at the Social Science doors, 6th Street Main Entrance, or Clock Tower.
District 120 COVID Tracker
Access this link on our website to see up-to-date COVID tracking information within LPHS and the communities in the District.