Return to In-person Learning
A message from Dr. Wrobleski on December 27, 2020
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
We met our two consecutive Fridays benchmark of under 8% COVID-19 positivity for the LPHS communities on Christmas Day, thus restarting hybrid in-person learning. This includes restarting in-person learning for all ACC classes. Below is the schedule we will follow upon our return to school January 4.
- Monday, January 4, 2021 will be a Remote Planning Day (NO STUDENT ATTENDANCE) – giving staff time to organize and prepare for the return of students on January 5.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 – Green Day students in-person with Red Day and 100% Remoters logged in from home.
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021 – Red Day students in-person with Green Day and 100% Remoters logged in from home.
- Thursday, January 7, 2021 – Green Day students in-person with Red Day and 100% Remoters logged in from home.
- Friday, January 8, 2021 – Cavs Day – all students accessing classes from home.
We will continue using the 12:06 pm dismissal schedule.
Mrs. Cushing will be sending a Google survey to families this week requesting your selection for either hybrid in-person or remote learning. Please be sure to complete this survey.
Additional emails this week will have instructions for busing and grab-n-go meals. We are hopeful to receive updated guidance from the IHSA on the status of winter sports and activities.
Please remember that masks are still required. We have not received any information yet on when the vaccine would be available for school personnel. As that becomes known, we'll be sure to communicate it.
In the meantime, please enjoy the second week of winter break and have a Happy New Year!
Dr. Steven R. Wrobleski, Superintendent