Notice of Spring Break LP Renovation Asbestos Abatement
Posted by Matt Baker on 3/5/2018
In accordance with the requirements of the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Asbestos Abatement Act for Public and Private Schools (77 Ill. Adm. Code 855), LaSalle-Peru High School District #120 is hereby notifying parents, faculty and staff of asbestos-abatement activities to be performed in relation to our 2017-2018 planned renovation activities.
In order to provide for a safe and healthy environment for our students, faculty and staff, the District has retained the services of an Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Licensed Asbestos Abatement Contractor – Colfax Corporation - to conduct planned abatement activities. In addition, the District has retained the services of an independent environmental engineering firm - Brownfield Environmental Engineering Resources, LLC) to develop technical specifications for the performance of asbestos abatement activities and to provide on-site consultation & management of asbestos-abatement activities for the duration of the project. All abatement activities will be performed utilizing strict engineering controls and work practices in accordance with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
The asbestos abatement activities are currently scheduled in the following phases of work:
- Phase 4 Arts Wing Room No.’s 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, & 213
- March 5th – March 18th , 2018
- Phase 4 First Floor Social Science Wing (west wing), including Rm. No.’s 121-128
- March 5th – March 25th, 2018
- Spring Break - Rm. No.’s 101, 102, 102B, 103, 104, 117, 118, & 119 and tunnel below 118-119, Gymnasium and upper 3rd floor areas adjacent
- March 30th – April 8th, 2018
- No.’s 112 & 112.1 (mechanical and new laundry room), 109, 109.1, and 111
- April 2nd – April 15th, 2018
- Boiler House
- April 1st to May 15th, 2018
- East Wing Phase 5 – Room No.’s 140-152
- May 30th – June 17th, 2018
- Phase 5 - World Language Wing (center wing) Rm. No.’s 129-139
- May 30th – June 12th, 2018
- Cafeteria & Special Education Office Area Rm. No.’s 228-230
- June 11th – 24th, 2018
- Science Room No.’s 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, and hallway 308.1
- June 11th – 24th, 2018
- June 25th – July 9th, 2018
The scope of abatement activities will include the removal of asbestos-containing floor tile/mastic, pipe insulation, and miscellaneous materials using nonfriable and friable methods. Access to specific abatement areas will be restricted by the utilization of rigid barriers and use of lockable doors. Therefore, access to these areas and adjacent hallways will be prohibited during the aforementioned dates.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy education environment within our schools. Should you have any further questions regarding this project, please contact me at 815-223-2373.
Steven Wrobleski, Superintendent