Monday, September 27, 2021
Monday, September 27, 2021
Happy birthday to the following people who have birthdays this week:
Sunday, September 26: Cody Anderson, Kylie Ellerbrock, Connor Lorden, Daniel Senica, Amelia Swann, and Mr. Lauer.
Monday, September 27: Adam Kasperski, Elia Sandor, Rylee Waite, and Mrs. Adams.
Tuesday, September 28: Detric Carter, Jacob Quick, Morgan Roberson, and Mr. Villarreal.
Wednesday, September 29: Ashton Csutoras, Analiyah Flores, and Marissa Sanchez.
Thursday, September 30: Jaden Nixson, and Haylee Pangrcic
Friday, October 1: Cameron Taylor
Saturday, October 2: Brady Backes and Emily Kmetz
The retake day scheduled for Wednesday, October 6th has been postponed. The retake day will be November 22nd.
Attention seniors: Leave your mark. The handprint wall will be in the student commons before and after school on Monday and Tuesday. (today and tomorrow)
There will be a GSA meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, in Mr. Makeever's room after school – room 331. All who plan to be in the homecoming parade with GSA need to be at the meeting or email Mr. Makeever.
Chess and card will not meet tomorrow, September 28th; we will meet again next week.
Drama Club will be meeting on Tuesday, September 28th in the Cavalier Community room from 2:50-4:00pm. Please bring your materials for the Homecoming Parade Posters. Contact Ms. K with any questions.
There will be an intramural whiffle ball tournament on Wednesday, October 13th at 7:00 in the Sellett Gym. Sign your team up outside the PE office in Sellett Gym. Any questions, ask Mr. Keating.
There will be a Renaissance meeting after school today in the Cavalier Community Room. New members are welcome!
Technology club is meeting today after school in the East Gym Building, room 115. Help us as we develop a new table top game! If you’re not able to make it but would like to get involved, please contact either Mr. Wiercinski or Mr. Koesler for more information. Hope to see you there.
There will be a green team meeting today, September 27th at 2:45 in room 227. Contact Ms. Lance for more information!
Homecoming dance tickets & t-shirts are on sale in the cafeteria during every lunch, this week. Tickets are $10 per person and T-Shirts are $15.
Variety Show is Monday, September 29 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $3 for students and adults. We hope to see you all there.
Variety show performers should arrive at 5:30 on Monday, September 29 for a sound check.
To all students attending the Homecoming dance on Saturday, October 2nd, the following guidelines will be followed:
- Picture ID cards are required in addition to your ticket. All L-P students must have a current L-P ID. No student or guest will be admitted without a valid picture ID card.
- Students will remain in the dance area until they are ready to leave and will not be readmitted if they leave.
- The dance will begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m. Students must arrive by 8:00 p.m. in order to be admitted to the dance.
- All school rules are in effect during dances.
- In order for a student to attend the dance, he/she must be in attendance on Friday October 1st by 10:00 a.m.
- Students on social probation will not be allowed to attend.
- The LP administration has the right not to admit any student who is not in good standing. LP administration has the right and responsibility to exclude any student or guest from attending a dance if it believes that this individual poses a safety risk or is disruptive.
- All students bringing a non L-P guest to the dance must have had a completed “Guest Request Form” on file in the Security office and were due by Friday, September 24th.
Attention Science Club: Our next meeting will be on Friday, October 1st right after school in room 306!
The following college representatives will be here this week:
Today – Illinois State University, Normal, IL – 4th hour
Tuesday, September 28 – U.S. Navy, 6th hour
Wednesday, September 29 – Bradley University, Peoria, IL – 2nd hour
Interested students can sign up in the Counseling office to meet with any of these representatives.