Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Please join Key Club in the Cavalier Community Room at 7:25 on Tuesday morning. We have several projects we will be planning to help our school, community, and the world around us. New members are always welcome!
Foreign Language Club is holding a collection for IVAR the week of March 13-17. Any students that contribute will be eligible to win gift cards to Chipotle, Root Beer Stand, Culvers or Target. Items requested are – Purina Cat/Kitten food, Toilet paper, Soap, Bleach, Towels, Blankets. Drop off your items at the collection table by the library before school or bring to Room 137.
Attention All Spring Athletes! Today, February 21st at 6:00 p.m. there will be the Spring Parents, Athletes, and Coaches informational meeting.
On Wednesday February 22nd at 2:00 in the computer lab, ImPACT Testing will be taking place for all athletes that have not completed the mandatory testing this year.
There will be an intramural 3 on 3 basketball tournament on March 1st at 6:30 in the Sellett gym. Sign your team up outside the PE office. Any questions see Mr. Keating.
The next Art Club meeting is Thursday, Feb 23rd after school until 4pm in Rm 225. Mrs. Jenkins room. We will be working on finishing our "From Harm to Hope" art pieces.
All students attending the I-8 Art Festival ...there will be a quick informational meeting on Thursday, Feb 23rd right after school for approximately 15 minutes.
Attention Freshmen Board: We will have a meeting this Thursday, February 23 at 7:30 in room 141.
There will be a forensic science club meeting after school Thursday in room 308. New members are always welcome!
Attention Writing Club: There will be a Writing Club meeting after school this Thursday, February 23 in room 147. New members are always welcome.
Calling all writers and artists: Anyone interested in submitting original poems, short stories, or non-fiction, one act plays, or artwork is welcome to submit to Impressions, LP's online literary magazine. Submissions are due by March 31. If interested, see Mrs. Phillips or Mrs. Jenkins for more information.
Attention GSA: There will be a meeting after school today in room 331, Mr. Makeever's classroom. Hope to see you there... cookies for anyone who comes!"
Attention 2nd Semester AP Government students: If you have not already done so, please bring payment in to the Bookstore for your AP Exam. Exam payments are due by Friday. If you are unsure of how much you owe, please contact Mrs. Picco in the Bookstore.
Attention Junior Board: All candy money is due to Mrs. Hartman by Wednesday, February 22.
Attention seniors: Each year the University of Illinois, Illinois Administrative Professionals offers the Kathryn G. Hansen Scholarship competition to students planning to pursue higher education in the office professional, secretarial or business-related fields. For the 2023-2024 year, one scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded. The deadline is March 13. More information will be posted on the lphs.net.
Attention seniors: Starved Rock Community Foundation Scholarships and the Regional Office of Education scholarship, such as the Rev. Henkel are available still as well. Please see the Counseling website for more information.
To all students attending the Sadie Hawkins dance on Saturday, February 25th, the following guidelines will be followed:
- Picture ID cards are required in addition to the admission fee. All L-P students must have a current L-P ID. No student or guest will be admitted without a valid picture ID card.
- Students will remain in the dance area and will not be readmitted if they leave.
- The dance will begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m. Students must arrive by 8:00 p.m.
- All school rules are in effect during dances.
- In order for a student to attend the dance, he/she must be in attendance on Friday, February 24th by 10:00 a.m.
- Students on social probation will not be allowed to attend.
- The LP administration has the right not to admit any student who is not in good standing. LP administration has the right and responsibility to exclude any student or guest from attending a dance if it believes that this individual poses a safety risk or is disruptive to the educational environment.
- All students bringing a non L-P guest to the dance must have had a completed “Guest Request Form” on file in the dean’s office by Friday, February 17th _____________________________________________________________________________________________________