Return to Headlines

Medicaid Questions?

Why is the school billing Medicaid?
The Medicaid reimbursement program helps defray the cost of providing health related services to special education students as part of their Individual Education Program (IEP).

What services are supported by Medicaid?

School districts submit claims for health-related services provided to special education students including: physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/language therapy, social work services, and psychological services/evaluations.

Why is a consent form needed?
Consent to submit the student’s identifying information must be obtained from the parent/guardian before the district can send the students name in to verify his/her Medicaid eligibility.

Does this affect my benefits?

This does NOT affect your personal benefits! School claims for related services will not prevent the student from receiving on-going related health care services from their family physician or health facility.

If you have any questions or concerns please call the special education office, (815) 223-1721, Ext. 742.