If you are having trouble accessing a website, first "Power off" the Chromebook. To do this, press the Power button upper right corner of keyboard. If this doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to clear the Chrome browser cache.
- Click the 3 dots in top right-hand corner of the Chrome browser.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of your screen, select “Privacy and Security”.
- Select “Clear Browsing Data”.
- In the box that pops up, make sure you are on the Advanced tab; that the time range is set to “All Time”; and that you scroll through the list of things to clear and check each box.
- Click “Clear Data”.
- After clearing the browser cache, you will need to reset your Chrome Settings. Start by clicking “Advanced” on the menu on the left side of your screen and then clicking “Reset and Cleanup”.
- Click on “Restore settings to their original defaults”.
- In the box that comes up, uncheck “Help make Chrome better by reporting the current settings” and hit Reset Settings.
- After you have completed these steps, close all your open tabs.
- Close the Chrome Browser and open it back up.
If you are still having trouble accessing a website, contact Tech Services.