Welcome to the LPHS Counseling Department
- That all students have a right to a comprehensive school counseling program that helps them to achieve their greatest potential.
- In a program that is proactive in nature and responsive to the specific and diverse needs of its students.
- In being accountable to the National Standards and Competencies as set forth by the American School Counselor Association.
- Provide services and curriculum that address the personal/social, academic, and career development of all students.
- Foster a safe and challenging environment that produces confident, critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
The vision of the LaSalle-Peru Township High School Counseling Program is for all students to be fully prepared for the academic, post-secondary, and social emotional challenges that await them in an ever-changing world. Our data-driven, comprehensive school counseling program provides support to all students and helps foster student learning and personal growth. As a result, students develop a passion for lifelong learning, strive for excellence, and acquire the tools necessary to become leaders in the school and community.
LP Counselors CARE
–Career and College Readiness
–Respect for All
–Emotional and Social SupportThe counseling office is excited to announce they are actively planning to apply for RAMP recognition (Recognized ASCA Model Program). In preparation for this, they have and will continue taking various steps this year to align to the American School Counselor Association standards and practices. Click here to view their RAMP Advisory Council powerpoint presentation to learn more about this process.
Counseling Department Staff
Counseling Division Chair
Counseling Office Assistant