In June of this year, Gov. Pritzker signed Public Act 101-0642 into law, designating November 3, 2020 as Election Day, a state holiday. As a result of this, LPHS will be closed on this day. Additionally, it creates an opportunity for students, or anyone at least 16 years of age, and meeting the other qualifications to serve as an Election Judge on that day.
What are the qualifications necessary to be an Election Judge?
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a registered voter in LaSalle County.
- Be of good repute and character.
- Be able to speak, read and write the English language.
- Be of good understanding and capable of performing duties.
- Not be a candidate for any office in the election, and not be a Precinct Committeeperson.
- Each Election Judge is required to declare their party preference so they can be assigned accordingly.
For additional information on how to serve as an Election Judge in LaSalle County, visit the following link: https://lasallecounty.org/lasalle-county-clerk-election-judge-information/