How to Start a Student Club/Group
In order for a student to begin a new club, activity, or school-wide initiative the following steps must be taken by the student:
1) Student must write a proposal which includes:
- a) Potential students who will be involved (names)
- b) Rationale for the need of this club/activity/initiative
- c) Details (when, where, times)
- d) Identified staff member who has agreed to sponsor the club, activity, or initiative
- e) Describe any additional needs for implementation (supplies, rooms, etc)
2) Student submits proposal to his/her counselor and counselor provides feedback to the student.
3) Counselor brings the final proposal to the appropriate Associate Principal*.
4) Associate Principal meets with the student for additional feedback and final approval.
5) The Associate Principal brings the club proposal to the Board of Education for approval.
*Athletic Director would be the appropriate AP for all general clubs or activities being proposed.
*Associate Principal for Student Support Services would be the appropriate AP for any initiatives involving mental health awareness, addictions education, character building, or similar.
*Associate Principal of Operations would be the appropriate AP for any initiatives involving bullying, attendance, or character education.