Thursday, March 5, 2015
Happy birthday to Loren Mancilla, Terence Miller, Dustin Beck, Sabastian Repsel, Parker Reviglio, Claire Senica, Dylan Catalanello, Natalee Woeckel, Kayne Jenkins, Taylor Johnson, Jacob Nolan, Zachary Sondgeroth, Janice Bardell, Aleaha Erschen, Declan Zuchora, Mr. Miller, and Mrs. Lawrence.
There will be a TOPS meeting this morning in the Renaissance room.
Attention all students: Today is the first Thursday of the month and time to use your early lunch perk on your renaissance card. Enjoy a couple extra minutes of lunch and a shorter line.
There is a meeting for Link Leaders planning the lip dub today during each lunch period. Please get your lunch and proceed to room 119 for the meeting.
There is a sophomore board meeting today at 7:40 a.m. in room 304.
Attention girl golfers: Please see Coach Gunia sometime this week if you missed the meeting last week.
Attention Cavaliers: Team Gino and Team Tubbs will start selling products and raffle tickets for Beats on March 9th during lunch hours. We accept cash and checks payable to Cav Shop Co.
Attention sophomores and juniors--any sophomores or juniors interested in becoming Link Leaders should complete an application and submit it to Mr. Clydesdale in room 119 or Mrs. Theisinger in room 137 by Friday, March 20. Applications are available at the Greeter's Desk, on the bulletin boards on the first and third floors, and in room 119. In addition, there is an information meeting for anyone who wants to find out more about being a Link Leader on Wednesday March 11 during each lunch hour. On March 11, grab your lunch in the cafeteria and bring it to room 119 during your lunch period to get all the information you need to decide if being a Link Leader is right for you!
Attention all students: Tickets for the Sadie Hawkins dance will be sold through all lunch periods today and tomorrow. Couple tickets are $20, and single tickets are $10.00.
Attention all students: If you still need to order your yearbook, please see Samantha Glassman in room 328 during 5th hour. Yearbooks are $75.00.
The Student of the Year Business Award applications are due March 13th. This a a $1,000 scholarship opportunity. If you are interested in applying, all business instructors have the application. See Mr. Lauer, Mr. Buchen, Mr. Graff, or Mrs. Bedenko-Hill for you application!!
Attention FBLA we will have a brief FBLA meeting on Thursday March 12th at 7:30 AM to collect Cav Card Money. Please turn in your money today. Also, we have several gold chord opportunities coming up.
Attention: If you are planning to play football next year, stop by the table in the cafeteria to vote on next year’s new football jerseys. The only time to vote will be Thursday and Friday.
Attention all boys track and field athletes, there will be a mandatory meeting, Monday March 9th at 3:15 in the old cafeteria. Anyone who plans to participate in track and field must attend. Come dressed and ready to practice afterwards.
There is a job posting outside the Counseling Office regarding customer relations/customer service.
Attention seniors: The senior board is looking for photos to include in the senior video. Please submit your photos that include any group activities throughout your high school years to Mr. Baker at email@example.com on or before March 26th.
Attention Sewing Club members: we will be meeting after school today in room 302 until 4:00, so bring your projects to work on! And new members are always welcome! If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Whisker in room 301, and don’t forget—keep calm and sew on!
To all students attending the Sadie Hawkins dance on Saturday, March 7th, the following guidelines will be followed:
• No junior high school student or person over the age of 20 will be admitted.
• Picture ID cards are required in addition to the admission fee. All L-P students must have a current L-P ID. No student or guest will be admitted without a valid picture ID card.
• Students will remain in the dance area until they are ready to leave and will not be readmitted if they leave.
• The dance will begin at 8:00 p.m. and end at 11:00 p.m. Students must arrive by 9:00 p.m. in order to be admitted to the dance.
• All school rules are in effect during dances including the prohibition of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs.
• In order for a student to attend the dance, he/she must be in attendance on Friday, March 6th, by 10:00 a.m.
• Students are discouraged from scheduling elective medical appointments on Friday because if a student is not in school for four periods, he/she will not be admitted.
• The principal may make exceptions, but this will only be done in rare cases where extenuating circumstances are evident.
• Students on social probation will not be allowed to attend. If you have any questions regarding The LP administration has the right not to admit any student who is not in good standing. LP administration has the right and responsibility to exclude any student or guest from attending a dance if it believes that this individual poses a safety risk or is disruptive to the educational environment.
• All students bringing a non L-P guest to the dance must have had a completed “Guest Request Form” on file in the dean’s office by Friday, February 20th.
• Students on social probation will not be allowed to attend. If you have any questions regarding your status, see Mr. Farrell.
Attention prom goers: tickets will be going on sale April 9 – 17th during all lunch hours. The price of tickets per couple is $75.00. A single ticket may be purchased for $40.00. There will be no ticket sales after April 17th. Price of ticket will not be refunded. LP prom registration form is required at the time of ticket purchase and can be picked up at the greeter’s desk. If your date does not attend LP, you must submit a Guest Request Form to the Dean’s office by April 8 in order to purchase your ticket.
Sign up for picture times will be at the time of ticket purchase along with table sign-up in groups of eight. Pre-prom pictures will be by appointment from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Seniors, this is a reminder that the deadline for the Illinois Valley Hispanic Partnership Scholarship is March 9. Applications must be sent directly to the SRAVTE Office.
If you are interested in aviation, there’s an aviation career camp at Lewis University in Romeoville, IL on Saturday, May 2nd from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This is for young women from grades 8- 12. For more information, check the display case posted outside the Counseling Office.